Lariha House and it’s wind tower is located in Yazd, Fhadan neighborhood, Adjoining Pavilion(Persian: Kolah Farangi) . The monument is related to Qajar period and is registered as one of the national monuments with registration number 1837 on February 12, 1997.
Lariha house includes six houses which have special architecture of desert. The house was built in 1869 and Haj Mohammad Ibrahim Lari was it’s owner . Previously it was used as the Nemat Allahi Monastery. Its area is about 1,700 square meters, and the minister of infrastructure is 1,200 square meters.
This 150-year-old building is one of the best-preserved Qajar-era houses in Yazd. The badgirs, traditional doors, stained-glass windows, elegant archways and alcoves distinguish it as one of the city’s grandest homes. It is worth noting the particularly delicate white-and-cream plaster work, traced with slivers of mirror, that decorate the courtyard iwans. The merchant family who built the mansion have long gone, and it’s now home to a set of archives. It’s signposted west of Zaiee Sq and Alexander prison.
The son of the owner of this house had a penchant for Western women and the walls and ceiling of one of the rooms is dedicated to their demure (and not so demure) portraits. Another interesting feature of the house is the sitting platform with all four legs in the water to avoid the harassment of scorpions – a reminder that the desert is only just kept at bay in this desert city.